真的不希望在电视上或者是哪里听到少年溺水的消息了 有不会安全游泳防溺水ppt的吗?我愿意教你

-人民网主站检索
<body onload="init('
新闻全文新闻标题广东广播电视台 现代教育频道>>图文新闻>>现代教育快讯
辍学少年成网络写手 身价超五千万似都教授(图)发布时间: 点击:1986都教授(左)与月如火短短两年间,湖北仙桃市一位高中辍学少年,创作出名声大噪的《仙武同修》一书,至今已连载近500万字。在网络连载后,总点击率超过一亿大关,成为百度文学旗下人气最高的网络写手之一。同时,《仙武同修》的游戏、影视、漫画版权尚待开发,业内人士估计其身价或已超过五千万。近期90后作者月如火一组近照被曝光,网友称赞:人比都教授帅。如今80后逐步进入30而立大关,备受非议的90后开始步入社会,在各行各业崭露头角。随着90后新生代月如火、慕容湮儿等新生代网络写手的逐渐兴起,网文领域80后“独霸天下”的局面或许将要被打破。月如火在接受记者采访时表示,他的《仙武同修》预计要写七百万到八百万字。【BBC】:为什么美国黑人不会游泳?-翻译版块 -
Powered by Discuz! Archiver
VesselHeaven
【BBC】:为什么美国黑人不会游泳?
本帖最后由 VesselHeaven 于
21:12 编辑
Why don't black Americans swim?
为什么美国黑人不会游泳?
A month ago, six African-American teenagers drowned in a single incident in Louisiana, prompting soul-searching about why so many young black Americans can't swim.
一个月前,六名非裔美国青少年在路易斯安那州一次事件中溺毙,引发对于非裔美国人为何不会游泳的反省。
When 15-year-old DeKendrix Warner accidentally stepped into deeper water while wading in the Red River in Shreveport, he panicked.
15岁的DeKendrix Warner在什里夫波特市的红河边涉水时意外跨入深水区,他慌了神。
JaTavious Warner, 17, Takeitha Warner, 13, JaMarcus Warner, 14, Litrelle Stewart, 18, Latevin Stewart, 15, and LaDarius Stewart, 17, rushed to help him and each other.
17岁的JaTavious·华纳、 13岁的Takeitha·华纳、14岁的JaMarcus·华纳、18岁的Litrelle·斯图尔特、 15岁的Latevin·华纳,以及17岁的LaDarius·华纳冲上去救他和对方。
None of them could swim. All six drowned. DeKendrix was rescued by a passer-by.
他们中没人会游泳。六人全部溺毙。 DeKendrix被一位路人救了下来。
US swimming stats
美国游泳者统计
USA Swimming/University of Memphis study found ethnic differences
美国游泳运动协会(美国竞技游泳运动管理机构)/孟菲斯大学研究发现种族差异
68.9% of African-American children with no or low ability to swim
68.9%非裔美国人儿童游泳无能力或该能力低下
57.9% of Hispanic children
57.9%西班牙裔儿童
41.8% of white children
41.8%白人儿童
Study quizzed 2,000 children and parents in six US cities
CDC recorded 3,443 fatal accidental drownings in 2007
研究在6个美国城市随机测试了2000名儿童及父母
Drowning is second greatest cause of accidental death in children under 14
溺水是14岁以下儿童意外死亡的第二大原因
African-American children aged 5 to 14 3.1 times more likely to drown
5至14岁非裔美国儿童有3.1倍的溺水可能性
Maude Warner, mother of three of the victims, and the other adults present also couldn't swim.
莫德·华纳,其中三名遇害儿的母亲,以及其他几位成年人目前均不会游泳。
The US has almost 3,500 accidental drownings every year, almost 10 a day.
美国每年有近3500次意外溺水事件,几乎每天发生10次。
But according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the fatal drowning rate of African-American children aged five-14 is three times that of white children.
但根据美国疾病控制和预防中心记录,5至14岁非裔美国儿童致命性溺水率是白人儿童的三倍。
A recent study sponsored by USA Swimming uncovered equally stark statistics.
一项由美国游泳运动协会发起的最新研究揭露了同样严峻的统计数据。
Just under 70% of African-American children surveyed said they had no or low ability to swim. Low ability merely meant they were able to splash around in the shallow end. A further 12% said they could swim but had &taught themselves&.
受调查的非议美国儿童中称他们没有游泳能力或该能力低下。低游泳能力意味着他们仅会在浅水区泼水玩儿。另有12%的非裔儿童称他们会游泳但是“自学成才”。
The study found 58% of Hispanic children had no or low swimming ability. For white children, the figure was only 42%.
研究发现58%的西班牙裔儿童无游泳能力或该能力低下。
对于白人儿童,这一数字仅为42%。
&It is an epidemic that is almost going unnoticed,& says Sue Anderson, director of programmes and services at USA Swimming.
“这是一种几乎未被注意到的流行性,”美国游泳运动协会的计划与服务主管,苏·安德森说到。
The swimming body would like all children to be taught to swim.
游泳运动管理机构希望所有儿童都学会游泳。
Parents' responsibility
父母的责任
&We would like it to be like seatbelts and bicycle helmets,& says Ms Anderson.
“我们希望学习游泳就像安全带和自行车头盔一样普及,”苏·安德森说。
But the situation in the US can vary hugely even within a single state.
但在美国,哪怕单独一个州的情况都会变化多端。
Unlike the UK, where learning to swim is enshrined in the national curriculum except in Scotland, the ultimate responsibility in the US often lies with parents.
与学习游泳被载入全国统一课程(苏格兰除外)的英国不同,根本责任在于父母。
&I would love to make it a rule like they have in the UK,& says Cullen Jones, a gold medallist in the freestyle 100m relay in Beijing, and a spokesman for USA Swimming's Make a Splash campaign.
“我愿意让学习游泳像英国一样成为规定,”北京奥运会100米自由泳接力赛金牌得主兼美国游泳运动协会“溅起水花”活动发言人,卡伦·琼斯说到。
&It isn't a requirement, it isn't a priority in the US.&
“在美国,学习游泳不是必要条件,也不是优先事项。”
Jones's mother took him to swimming lessons after he nearly drowned at a theme park aged five. By eight he was swimming competitively.
在他五岁时有次几乎溺毙在主题公园后,琼斯的母亲便带他上了游泳课。八岁时他就在竞技游泳了。
The Make a Splash campaign is targeting all non-swimmers and their parents but there is a particular focus on ethnic minority families.
“溅起水花”活动针对不会游泳的孩子及其父母但尤其关注少数族裔家庭。
Fear factor
Many black parents are not teaching their children to swim.
许多黑人父母不教他们的孩子游泳。
Some might assume the fundamental reasons would be lack of money for swimming lessons or living in areas where there were no pools, but the reality is more complex.
有些人也许以为根本原因是缺上游泳课的钱或是居住地区没有泳池,但现实更加复杂。
&Fear of drowning or fear of injury was really the major variable,& says Prof Carol Irwin, a sociologist from the University of Memphis, who led the study for USA Swimming.
“对溺水或受伤的恐惧才是真正的主要变量,”来自孟菲斯大学的社会学家,指导美国游泳运动协会研究的卡罗尔欧文教授称。
“Swimming never became a part of African- American recreational culture”
Prof Jeff Wiltse
Author, Contested Waters
“游泳从未成为非裔美国人休闲文化的一部分。”
杰夫·威尔茨教授
作者,《竞争水域》
Typically, those children who could not swim also had parents who could not swim.
通常情况下,不会游泳的儿童也有不会游泳的父母。
&Parents who don't know how to swim are very likely to pass on not knowing how to swim to their children,& says Ms Anderson.
“不会游泳的父母很可能将不会游泳的毛病传给他们的孩子,”安德森女士说。
In focus groups for the study, Prof Irwin said many black parents who could not swim evinced sentiments like: &My children are never going to learn to swim because I'm scared they would drown.&
在研究中的焦点小组中,欧文教授称许多不会游泳的黑人父母表达诸如“我的孩子不会去学游泳,因为我怕他们溺水”的观点。
The parents' very fear of their children drowning was making that fate more likely.
父母对他们孩子溺水的极度恐惧使得这种可能性更大了。
The major reason behind the problem could lie in the era of segregation says Prof Jeff Wiltse, author of Contested Waters: A Social History of Swimming Pools in America.
《竞争水域:美国泳池社会史》作者,杰夫·威尔茨教授说,问题背后的主要原因可能在于种族隔离时代。
&The history of discrimination… has contributed to the drowning and swimming rates,& says Prof Wiltse.
“种族歧视的历史……为溺水和游泳率出了把力,”威尔茨教授称。
In his work he identified two periods of a boom in swimming rates in the US - in the 1920s and 1930s when recreational swimming became popular and the 1950s and 1960s when the idea of swimming as a sport really took off.
其作品中,他确定出美国游泳率潮的两个时期——上世纪20和30年代休闲式游泳流行,以及上世纪50和60年代游泳作为一项运动的概念正腾飞的时候。
The first boom was marked by the construction of about 2,000 new municipal pools across the nation.
第一次热潮以全国建成约2000座市政泳池为标志。
&Black Americans were largely and systematically denied access to those pools,& he notes.
“美国黑人很大程度上、有组织地被拒绝接近这些泳池,”他指出。
&Swimming never became a part of African- American recreational culture.&
“游泳从未成为非裔美国人休闲文化的一部分。”
In the northern US that segregation in pools ended in the 1940s and early 1950s, but many white swimmers responded by abandoning the municipal pools and heading off to private clubs in the suburbs where segregation continued to be enforced.
美国北部的泳池种族隔离于上世纪40年代和50年代早期终结,但许多白人以放弃市政泳池并投向市郊种族隔离继续执行的私人俱乐部作回应。
&Municipal pools became a low public priority,& he notes.
“市政泳池成了低公共优先级,”他指出到。
After the race riots of the 1960s, many cities did start building pools in predominantly black areas, says Prof Wiltse, but there was still a problem. Many of the new pools were small - often only 20 by 40ft (six by 12m) and 3.5ft (1m) deep.
在上世纪60年代种族暴动后,许多城市开始在黑人为主的地区建设泳池,威尔茨教授说,但仍有问题。许多新泳池太小了——常常只有20英尺宽40英尺长(6米宽12长),并且只有3.5英尺(1米)深。
Theories for low black American swimming rates
美国黑人游泳率低下的理论
Propagation of incorrect scientific theories such as black people being much less buoyant
错误的科学理论传播,例如“黑人的浮力更少”
Historic factors going as far back as slaves not being allowed to learn to swim
历史因素追溯到黑奴不被允许学游泳
Denial of access to pools in 1920s and 30s causing ripple effect to present day
上世纪20和30年代被拒绝接近泳池对今天产生了涟漪效应
Lack of municipal pools in predominantly black neighbourhoods in 1960s onwards
60年代前黑人为主的地区缺少市政泳池
Perception of swimming as elitist or white sport
同精英或白人运动一样的游泳领悟力
&They didn't really accommodate swimming. They attracted young kids who would stand in them and splash about. There really wasn't an effort to teach African-American children to swim in these pools.&
“他们没有真正提供游泳的机会。他们吸引了小孩子们加入他们并四处戏水。没人真地努力教会非裔美国儿童在这些池子里游泳。”
Although there are many poor or working class white children who cannot swim for similar reasons, swimming has gained an image as a &white sport&.
尽管穷人或工薪阶层白人儿童出于同样的原因而不会游泳,但游泳已经得到了一种“白人运动”的印象。
a country club sport that only very rich kids get to participate in. The swimming pool is
a very elitist thing to have in your backyard,& says Prof Irwin.
“游泳[被视作]只有富家子弟参与的乡村俱乐部运动。后院有座泳池[被视作]一件非常傲人的事情,”欧文教授说到。
Bishop Larry Brandon, of the Praise Temple Full Gospel Baptist Cathedral, knew the Warner family, and is now persuading other pastors and ministers to use their pulpits to promote swimming.
赞美寺全福音浸信会教堂的拉里·布兰登主教认识华纳一家,并正游说其他牧师和教长用他们的在教众中的威信促进游泳的普及。
Shreveport has quickly established a new swimming programme in the victims names and there is a drive to challenge misconceptions about swimming.
什里夫波特市已经快速制定了一项以遇难者名字命名的新游泳课程,还拥有挑战对游泳误解的驱动力。
As well as the fear factor, Prof Irwin's study found that appearance was also a reason for African-Americans avoiding swimming.
和恐惧因素一样,欧文教授的研究发现外表也是非裔美国人避免游泳的一个动机。
Black respondents, far more than white or Hispanic respondents, were sometimes concerned about the effect chlorinated water would have on their hair.
黑人受访者,远比白人或西班牙裔受访者,时常忧虑含氯水对他们发质的影响。
&African-American women, many of them if they go the beauty shop and get their hair fixed they are not going to swim,& says Bishop Brandon.
“非裔美国女性中,多数人如果去了美容沙龙打理头发,就不会去游泳,”布兰登主教说。
Perhaps the most alarming thing is that the studies suggest that those who cannot swim - like the Warners and Stewarts - often spend time in pools and other swimming sites.
或许最令人担忧的是研究表明那些不会游泳的人——比如华纳和斯图尔特家——常常在泳池和其它游泳场所上花时间。
&Kids are going to be by the water, they love being by the water, and that's something that we really need to make a priority,& says Jones.
“孩子们要去水边,他们爱在水边玩,那才是我们真该放在优先位置上的事情,”琼斯说。
&Here everybody knows how to drive a car. It should also be a rite of passage to learn how to swim.&
“这儿人人都知道怎么开车。学会怎么游泳也该作为一项成人礼。”
Please add your comments using the form below.
请用下面的格式添加您的评论。
I am a 57-year-old black woman who doesn't swim well enough to save myself and certainly not a frightened, struggling non-swimmer. My reasons for not having learned to swim as a child are the same as those listed in the article, i.e. segregated public pool, concerns about hair, a mother who didn't swim, fear. When my daughter was born, swimming was the first sport she learned. I was determined that she would not be like her mom. She was seven or eight years old when she learned why mommy couldn't join her in the deep end of the pool. Her incredulous response? &It's easy, mommy! I can teach you!& This is one of the fears parents must push through, for the sake of their babies.
我是一名57岁的黑人女性,游泳技术还没好到能自救,也不是一个吓坏了的、努力的非游泳者。我小时候不学游泳的原因和文章所列出的一样,换而言之,种族隔离的公共泳池、对于发质的担忧、不会游泳的母亲、恐惧感。我女儿出生时,游泳是她第一个学会的运动。我下定决心让她不要像她妈妈一样。她七八岁时知道了为什么妈妈不和她一起去泳池深水区。她怀疑的反应?“这很简单的,妈咪!我来教你!”这是父母必须克服的恐惧之一,为了他们的宝贝。
Paula Penebaker, Milwaukee, WI, US
Paula Penebaker,美国威斯康辛州,密尔沃基
My wife and I cannot swim but all our kids can. We paid for their swimming lessons and it took less than three month for them to start diving and swimming in deep pools of water. We are glad we did that for the kids. Our next step is to take some swimming lessons too so that the whole family can enjoy thrills of swimming. We may save someone's life or our own lives. Yes, I am scared of water but that phobia can be overcome.
我妻子和我不会游泳,但我们的孩子都会,我们出资让他们上游泳课,而花了不到三个月他们就开始在深水潭里潜水和游泳了。我们很高兴为孩子这么做。我们下一步是自己也参加游泳课,这样整个家庭都能享受游泳的兴奋感啦。我们可能挽救他人或我们自己的生命。是的,我怕水,但恐惧症是可以克服的。
Abe Mbony, Washington, US
Abe Mbony,美国,华盛顿
I am glad you pointed out that white kids also have less chance to swim. I have lived here 23 years and unless you live in an apartment complex with a pool or you have a lot of money for your own pool, there are no public pools like we had in the UK. Memphis has maybe 10 pools that are only open in the summer and are mainly in urban areas, so are almost exclusively used by black children. Most white kids don't go to them but aren't part of a club either so also miss out on swimming. The City of Memphis has done a good job recently of helping kids to swim, and YMCA etc have lessons but there isn't anywhere you can just &drop in& any time or day like the old &baths& we used to have school lessons in in England
我很高兴你指出了白人孩子也少有游泳的机会。我在这儿住了23年,除非你住在设有泳池的公寓或者你有钱能买一座自己的泳池,这里是没有像英在国那样的公共泳池。孟菲斯大约有10座只在夏季开放、主要位于市区的泳池,所以几乎专门是黑人儿童在用。大多数白人的,但也不是俱乐部一份子的孩子不去那些泳池,因此也错过了游泳的机会。近来孟菲斯市在协助儿童游泳上做得不错,而且基督教青年会等组织开设了课程,但还是没有任何地方可以让你随时“拜访(跳进水里)”,就像我们在英国上课时的老式“大浴池(公共泳池)”。
Alasdair Halleron, Memphis, Tennessee
Alasdair Halleron,美国田纳西州,孟菲斯
It will not surprize you that in the water-rich Netherlands parents are well aware of the dangers of water, and its attractions for small children especially. Children learn to swim here from an early age. My own children were about the age of 4 to 5 years when they first started. They were rewarded in a ceremonies with a first and later a second swimming diploma.
在水资源丰富的荷兰,父母深知水的危险性一点儿也不奇怪,水对小孩子特别有吸引力。这里的孩子从小学习游泳。我自己的孩子大概四五岁时就开始学游泳了。第一名和后来者第二的游泳文凭颁发仪式用来奖励了他们。
JP Ward, Vlaardingen, the Netherlands
JP Ward,荷兰,佛拉尔丁恩
I am a black American and I know how to swim (back stroke, crawl, butterfly). At my school it was required for all children to know how to swim before they graduated from the 8th grade. Prof Wiltse may want to look into other reasons besides black people being denied access in the 1970s. It's 2010 now. I think the major problems are income and access issue. Most poor people can't afford the leisure of taking their kid to a pool let alone buy swimming lessons. And some places do not have public pools. Well they do, but you may not want to swim in them. It shouldn't come as a surprise that black people are afraid of drowning since many black Americans have witnessed or have been themselves almost a victim of drowning. I will agree that as a black woman hair can be an issue. We pay between $150-$300 for certain hairstyles, but that isn't a major issue because black women can pay that same price and get their hair braided and not have to worry about the consequences of chlorine. There are ways to get chlorine out of your hair. I think the major problem is that a lot of black parents can't swim so they don't teach their children. My husband (he is also a black American) and I both learned to swim as children so we taught our children to swim.
我是一名美国黑人,我会游泳(仰泳、自由泳、蝶泳)。上学那会儿就要求所有孩子在8年级毕业前学会游泳。威尔茨教授大概是想调查除了黑人在70年代被拒绝接近泳池之外的原因。如今都2010年了。我认为主要问题在于收入和使用问题。多数穷人付不起带孩子去泳池消遣的钱,更别说支付游泳课了。还有些地方没有公共泳池。好吧它们有公共泳池,但你或许不想在里头游泳。黑人害怕溺水不会使人惊讶,因为许多美国黑人曾目睹或自己差点成为溺水的受害者。作为一名黑人女性,我同意头发是个问题。我们为了某些发型花费150至300之间的美金,但那不是主要问题,因为黑人女性能花费同样的价钱把头发编成辫子而不必担心含氯水的后果。有的是办法去除头发里的氯。我认为主要问题在于很多黑人父母不会游泳,就不教他们的孩子游泳。我丈夫(他也是美国黑人)和我两个都在孩提时起学习了游泳,所以我们教我们的孩子游。
Adrienne Garr, Buffalo, NY, US
Adrienne Garr,美国纽约,法布罗
This phenomenon is not only African American. Believe it or not, we have the same problem in the Caribbean. Although we are surrounded by sea, many children of African descent in the Caribbean just cannot swim. There is some initiative lately, especially in Antigua and Barbuda, but it is not ingrained in black culture.
这种现象不光是非裔美国人。信不信由你,在加勒比海我们也有同样的问题。尽管我们被海洋环绕,许多出生在加勒比海的非裔孩子就是不会游泳。最近有倡议,特别是在安提瓜和巴布达,但并没有在黑人文化中根深蒂固。
Ernest Merrill, Antigua and Barbuda
Ernest Merrill,安提瓜和巴布达
Another lesson for everyone from this sad incident is that you should never attempt to rescue anyone from drowning unless you are fully and safely able to do so. One of the biggest problems facing those genuinely able to rescue someone is that there are often two or three other people in difficulty because they have tried to &rescue& the first person. They have then got to decide who they can save and who they can't. Often the original person is saved but those trying to help drown. Never make a bad situation worse.
这次悲伤的事件给大家的另一个教训是你绝不该试图救溺水者,除非你能完全安全地做到。真正的救援者面临的最大问题之一是通常有两三个人处于困境,因为他们试图“营救”第一个人。然后他们便得决定谁救得了或救不了。通常原来那个人被救起来了,但试图救他的人溺死了。永远不要让情况雪上加霜。
Ian Boardman, London
Ian Boardman,伦敦
I am an African American who did not learn how to swim due to racism and discrimination in my era. We must not lose our focus because in some areas, this type of behavior is still going on today where they don't want to build a public swimming pool down town because they do not want the black children there and they don't want to spend money to build a community swimming pool in the black neighborhood.
由于我那个时代的种族主义和歧视,我是一名没学过游泳的美国黑人。我们一定不能丢了重点,有些不愿意在闹市建设公共泳池的地区,这类行为今天仍在继续,因为他们不想在这儿有黑人孩子,不想花钱在黑人聚居区建社区泳池。
Cassandra Richards, Lake Wales, FL, US
Cassandra Richards,美国佛罗里达州,威尔士湖
I grew up in Dublin, Ireland in the 1950s and '60s and never learned to swim - no pools anywhere close by, no encouragement whatsoever. In the US for decades now, all my children swim - as does my American wife - but I am still a paddler in the shallow end. My attempts to take swimming lessons have been a disaster. I have no natural buoyancy, water flows into my ears and nose, I can't breathe and move my arms and legs at the same time, I am terrified of being in water that I can't stand up in. I can perfectly understand why someone, black or white, wouldn't or couldn't learn to swim. &You'll float - the water will keep you up - everyone floats - you won't drown& - all of these are simply not true to my experience. I really envy people who can swim, but I know that I am probably never going to be a swimmer, now that I am pushing towards the end of my sixth decade of life.
我在50和60年代的爱尔兰都柏林长大,从未学过游泳——附近没有任何泳池,没有什么鼓励。在美国的几十年,我的孩子都游泳——我美国妻子也是——但我仍旧只在浅水区涉水。我上游泳课的尝试就是一场灾难。我没有自然浮力,水灌进我耳朵和鼻子里,我无法同时呼吸并移动四肢,害怕呆在我无法站立的水中。我完全理解为什么有人,无论黑人白人,不会或者不能学游泳。“你会浮起来——水会让你保持浮起——大家都会浮起来——你不会溺水的”——以我的经验,这些都是假的。我真心嫉妒会游泳的人,但我知道我可能永远成不了游泳健将,如今,我在向着生命的第六个十年前进。
Denis Cotter, Middleburg, VA, US
Denis Cotter,美国佛吉尼亚州,米德尔堡
I am African American and I learned to swim at an early age through involvement in a summer recreation program. My ex-husband learned in his teen years because early in his youth he almost drowned in a public pool. He and I taught our children to swim at ages four and five. We had moved into a residence that had a pool 4ft on one end that extended to 12ft with a diving board. We knew they would be in the water on their own no matter how hard we stayed on them about not doing so. Therefore, it was a priority to teach them to at least &tread water& and/or &dog paddle& before we unpacked our boxes! I live on the California coast and I think it should be mandatory that children with access to pools and beaches learn to swim.
我是非裔美国人,我小时候通过参与一项夏季休闲计划学会了游泳。我前夫在十几岁就学游泳,因为他少年时差点淹死在公共泳池。他和我在孩子们四岁和五岁时就教他们游泳。我们搬进了一个带4英尺宽12英尺长泳池和跳板的住所。我们知道无论怎么强调不要那么做,他们还是会自己下水的。正因如此,在打理好新家之前至少教会他们“踩水”和/或者“狗刨式”成了优先事宜!我住在加州海岸,我认为能进得去泳池和海滩的小孩儿应该强制学会游泳。
Jennifer Wells, Oceanside, CA, US
Jennifer Wells,美国加你佛尼亚州,奥欣赛德
I am African American and I come from a family of swimmers, with my brother swimming competitively in high school. I never thought about those that couldn't swim until I married my husband (also African American), who does not swim and was not encouraged to learn to do so. His mother was afraid he and his siblings would drown when they were younger. Now we have a son (who's five) who I am taking to lessons so that he will be able to swim and be comfortable around water. He loves it! I met several of the other mothers in the class who don't swim, are afraid of the water or don't want to mess up their hair and their children pick up on these emotions and don't do well.
我是一名非裔美国人而我出生在一个游泳健将之家,我兄弟高中就在参加竞技游泳运动。我从没想过那不会游泳的人直到嫁给我丈夫(他也是非裔美国人),他不会游泳也不支持学游泳。他妈妈怕他和他的兄弟姐妹们在小时候溺水。如今我们有了儿子(五岁了),我要带他上游泳课,那样他就会游泳并且享受水波围绕的舒适感了。他爱游泳!我在班上遇见了其他几位不会游泳的母亲,她们怕水或者不想把自个儿的头发弄得一团乱,而她们的孩子继承了这些情绪,游得不怎么样。
Diann Carroll Joiner, Portage, IN, US
Diann Carroll Joiner,美国大波蒂奇印第安人保留区
Growing up in Minnesota, like the description of the Netherlands, had major advantages over other states like Alabama. The land of 10,000 lakes, has even more swimming beaches. We learned early because of our proximity to water at all times. My daughter is four and already swims farther then her seven-year-old brother who grew up in the metro area. We moved from metro to country, so I think there are some geographical differences in this study. In Minnesota, black or white, most kids know how to swim. I even see a large population of the Somali immigrants learning to swim quickly upon arrival.
我在明尼苏达长大,像荷兰那位说的一样,相比其它州比如阿拉巴马的人我在有更大的优势。这片土地拥有10000座湖泊,甚至更多游泳海滩。因为近水楼台先得月,我们早早地学会了游泳。我四岁的女儿已经比她在城市长大的七岁的哥哥泳得更远了。我们从城市搬到乡下,因为我认为这项研究中含有某些地理差异。在明尼苏达州,无论黑人白人,大多数孩子都会游泳。我甚至看到一大群索马里移民在抵达这里后学游泳超快。
James Yuenger, Minneapolis, MN, US
James Yuenger,美国明尼苏达州,明尼阿波利斯
I am a black American woman and to be honest I don't think that the issue of hair is an important one at all. There is no need to go out and spend $150 on a hairstyle yet not know how to swim, especially when there are natural threats such as flooding and hurricanes that could threaten our lives. I also don't think that being black or Hispanic or white has anything to do with it. People are putting too much emphasis on what colour or what race a person is and if this keeps happening then we will never be able to move on because everyone keeps referring to the past and segregating their own ethnic groups. It is a parent's responsibility to teach their child to swim and when that child turns into an adult and can't swim then it is their responsibility as an adult to learn - no more pathetic excuses!
我是一名美国黑人女性,说真的,我完全不觉得头发的问题很重要。没必要出门在发型花上150美金却不会游泳嘛,特别是这儿还有着诸如洪水和飓风那样的自然危害可能威胁着我们的生命。我也不觉得身为黑人、西班牙人、白人和游不游泳有啥关系。人们太过于强调肤色或种族了,如果还这样下去,我们永远无法前进,因为大家一直沉湎过去、隔离自己的族群。教会孩子游泳是父母的责任,而当孩子长大成人却不会游泳,那学游泳就是他们身为成人的责任——不要再找装可怜的借口!
Earnest, Texas, US
Earnest,美国德克萨斯州
I suppose I am fortunate as are most people in the UK who went through the UK Schools system. Swimming was never a choice subject for anyone, it was taught and certificates and awards were given to every child as they reached each level. I will never be an Olympic Swimmer or even close to being in anyway competitive, but I did my personal survival certificate, and a life saving course. Yes I would be confident enough to help someone in difficulty, and so would most people in the UK.
我想我很幸运地同英国大多数人一样经历过英国学校系统。游泳从来不是任何人的选修课,游泳会教给每个孩子,并在他们达到各个级别时给予证书和奖励。我永远不会是奥运会游泳运动员或甚至稍稍接近竞技类的都不行,但我上了个人生存证书与救生课。是的我有足够自信能帮助处于困境的人,而英国的大多数人也会。
Stewart, Keighley, West Yorkshire, UK
Stewart, Keighley,英国西约克郡
I remember when visiting Goa, India, most of the young white westerners were swimming in the warm sea, going well out of their depth, swimming out to rocks etc. It took a while to realise why the Indian tourists stayed sitting and splashing in the surf. It wasn't because of modesty. Many of them just couldn't swim. I'm probably naive, but being from the UK I see non-swimmers very much as the exception. My daughter often joins me in the big (50m) pool and although I hold her she's learning to go through the motions. She's just turned two.
我记得当时在印度果阿参观时,大多年轻的西方白人在温暖的海里畅游,顺利潜出水深,游过礁石等等。我过了好一会儿才明白为什么印度游客坐在浪花里泼水玩儿。这种行为不是出于谦逊。他们中多数人只是不会游泳罢了。我可能有点儿天真了,但身为英国人我觉得有人不会游泳很奇怪。我女儿常常和我一块儿去大(50米)泳池,尽管我牵着她,她还是在学着装装样子。她刚刚满两岁。
Tim, Manchester, UK
Tim,英国,曼彻斯特
I was a lifeguard at a public pool in my town, about an hour away from where the Red River drownings occurred, two summers ago and it's true. I watched as many moms would place their small children in the pool with life vest padded swimwear, water wings, and small inner tubes around their waists. Sometimes I wondered if the kids could even touch the water. The parents would seldom get in the water at all and would freak out if the slightest thing happened simply because they didn't know how to swim and were afraid to go near the water. The older kids were more daring. They would crawl along the wall to the deep end and hold on for their lives just to be by the &big kids&. One day I had to do a reaching assist to a teenage guy who's friend had pulled him off the edge jokingly and watched as he struggled to stay above the water. I could go on for hours, but my point is, as a former lifeguard, I whole heatedly agree that this issue needs to be addressed. Many of the kids who go to pools, lakes, or rivers go because they have nothing else to do or their friends are going, and they often don't know how to swim. There are many places in this area where there are no lifeguards watching.
我是镇子上的一名公共泳池救生员,我们那儿距离红河溺水事故发生地不到一小时路程,两年前的夏天,真的。我看着很多母亲给小孩子穿上救生填充泳装、浮袋,腰上戴着小内胎,再放进池子里。有时候我会想孩子可能连水都摸不着。父母很少下水,而且如果小小地发生一咪咪事儿都能把他们吓个半死,因为他们不会游泳还怕去水边。大孩子更勇敢。他们会爬过墙跑到深水区拿自己的命冒险,仅仅因为是“大孩子”。有天我不得不向一个十几岁的小子伸出援手,因为他朋友开玩笑,把他从池子边上拉下水,看着他在水面挣扎。我能说上好几个小时,但作为前任救生员,重点在于我全心全意地赞同,这个问题需要加以解决。很多孩子去泳池、湖泊、或者河流的原因是他们无事可做或者跟朋友去的,而他们通常不会游泳。这个地区很多地方是没有救生员的。
Kelli, Ruston, LA, US
Keli,美国路易斯安那州,拉斯顿
In Zimbabwe, many children drown, especially in the rainy season. Boys herding cattle only splash in the river but are never formally taught how to swim in a strong current to cross a river, or in deep water. They are actually discouraged from swimming since they are likely to be killed by crocodiles and hippos. Those children who swim in the river do it behind their parents' back. In the cities, swimming is a rich man's sport. There are hardly any swimming pools in the townships. With so many rivers in criss-crossing the country, Zimbabwe has one of the highest drowning rates for chilren in southern Africa.
在津巴布韦,很多孩子溺水,特别是在雨季,男孩儿们在河边一边放牛一边玩水,却没正式学过怎样在激流中渡河或者在深水里游泳。事实上,由于他们可能被鳄鱼和河马杀死,不鼓励他们游泳。那些在河里游泳的孩子都是背着父母这么干的。在城里,游泳是有钱人的运动。镇区几乎没有泳池。如此多的河流纵横交错,津巴布韦是儿童溺水率最高的南非国家之一。
Chenjerai Hove, Zimbabwean living in Miami, FL, US
Chenjerai Hove,津巴布韦人,在美国佛罗里达州,迈阿密居住
I'm absolutely shocked and saddened to learn about this, and this is coming from someone who finds little surprising. When forced to learn how to swim before I could pass Phy Ed in high school at the age of 13, I was quite reluctant originally, but very grateful immediately afterward. I thought all US high schools had this compulsory obligation, but now realise I may have been in a privileged situation. If this isn't compulsory, it needs to be universal. By coincidence, Radio 4 had a program on Hurricane Katrina, 5 years on. This story adds a whole new dimension to the casualty figures there and, in particular, why so many people stuck in the Superdome may not have sought alternative shelter.
我对这条消息感到既震惊又悲伤,还有几分惊讶。在通过高中体育卫生教育理学士学位前,13岁的我被逼着去学游泳了,起初我很迟疑,但随后却心怀感激。我以为全美国的高中都有这种强制义务,但现在我明白自己可能属于特权情况。如果游泳教学不是强制的,那它就该变得普及。恰巧4号电台有过一档关于卡特里娜飓风的节目,都5年了。这个故事从全新的角度补充了伤亡数字,尤其是被困在超级穹顶(新奥尔良体育馆)的众人为何可能没有去寻找可替代的庇护所。
Bruce, US expat now in Epsom, UK
Bruce,美国外籍人士,现居在英国埃普瑟姆
I am a white male in America. My white mother never learned how to swim, but she loves the beach/pool. She will get in up to her waist or so to cool off, but she never learned to swim. Her hair was a big thing for her. However, when I was about five years old, my mother took me to the local YMCA and signed me up for swimming lessons, even though she couldn't really afford it. Why? Because she understood it was a life saving skill to have, whether I enjoyed swimming or not. Now, I love to swim - I just don't get to do it much.
我是一名美国白人男性。我的白人母亲从不学游泳,但她热爱沙滩/水池。她会下到齐腰深的水里纳凉,却从不学游泳。头发对她来说可是件要紧事儿。然而,当我约摸5岁的时候,我妈妈带我去了当地的基督教青年会,签名让我上游泳课,即便她不咋付得起这个钱。为什么呢?一位她明白无论我喜欢游泳与否,这是一种救命的本事。如今,我喜欢游泳——只是算不上热爱吧。
Sean, Virginia, US
Sean,美国佛吉尼亚州
It's interesting to note that swimming doesn't seem to be integrated into black American culture. I am a British-born Pakistani, and I fear the same can be said of Pakistani culture. The trend or the need or the infrastructure is just not in place for swimming or learning to swim to be a priority.
注意到游泳与美国黑人文化不成一体真是有意思。我是英国出生的巴基斯坦人,我恐怕这也属于巴基斯坦文化。趋势或必要或基础
要优先整合到位的不仅是游泳或学游泳。
Sadia Yasin, Egypt
I agree with Ernest's comment above. It is a Caribbean and African problem too - I am in Barbados and many of the blacks on the island (including myself) like to be where our feet can touch the ground. While I can do most strokes, I have a fear of being really far out - this is something I have tried working on with many swimming classes but I haven't gotten there yet - I will not give up, I'm not yet 30 and I don't think you are ever too old to learn. I noted the same phenomena in West Africa when I was there earlier this year, all the people swimming in the ocean were the white tourists and visitors, the blacks stayed close to the shore, and one of my friends noted it is the same in East Africa - while the comments noted above issues such as segregation etc. I am really fascinated about this widespread trend across the globe amongst blacks. I jokingly tell my friends our fear of the ocean is ingrained in the &boat trip& our ancestors faced during the slave trade. I am not one to harp on slavery and its impacts but I honestly really wonder sometimes.
我赞同上面Ernest的评论。这也是加勒比海和非洲的问题——我在巴巴多斯而岛上很多黑人(包括为自己)喜欢去脚能够着地的水域。当我顶多能扑腾几下时,我又怕自己游太远——这就是我在游泳课上一直试图克服的事情,但目前我还没做到——我不会放弃的,我还不到30岁,我不认为这时候学游泳的年龄太大。早些年在西非时我注意到了同样的现象,在海里游泳的都是白人游人和观光客,黑人则呆在海岸边,而我其中一个碰注意到在东非情况也是这样——当评论注意到以上问题时,比如种族隔离什么的。我真地为这种全球黑人范围中的普遍趋势着迷。我打趣地告诉我朋友,我们对海洋的恐惧在祖先面对奴隶贸易的“乘船旅行”时根深蒂固了。我不是在反复念叨奴隶制及其影响,但说真的,我有时候会怀疑。
Liesl Harewood, Barbados
Liesl Harewood,巴巴多斯
In India there is no rule or even a directive to ensure young school children learn the basics of swimming. Many children die annually from drowning cases, particularly during the monsoon rains when the rivers swell. India has two programmes for youth leadership known as the National Cadet Corps and the Scouts and Guides programme which teachers children to be prepared for any eventuality and mould one to be leaders. Sadly, swimming is not a major part of its curriculum.
在印度没有规定或甚至一项指令要确保年轻学童要学习游泳的基本知识。每年许多儿童死于溺水事故,尤其在季风降雨期间河流涨水时。印度有两项卓越青年培养项目,被称为国家青年团和童子军计划,该项目教育儿童随时为突发事件做准备并标榜一人为领袖。悲催地是游泳不是其课程主要部分内。
VesselHeaven
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-
原文链接奉上(●′ω`●)
我来给你解答,因为巧克力人在水里是会化了吧,当然不能玩水了
种族天赋啊
我好像从来没见过游泳池里有过黑人
谁晓得孩子这辈子会碰见什么事!一定得学
zhangdiedie
还真没注意黑人不会游泳{:S64:}
这篇文章会不会引起美国的歧视种族
会游泳的举手~
我大学才学的游泳,感觉好难啊,水一超过腰部就感到恐惧,最后还是老师放水才通过这么课的,本来不想学,但是游泳通不过拿不到毕业证。
不是因为黑人肌肉密度大的缘故吗…当然不会游泳也可能是他没学游泳啊…
我会狗刨。。。
游泳好简单的,我4岁就会了,我以前是游泳运动员,不会的可以问我,看心情解答
如果大家有关注一些体育项目的话应该会发现一些现象,黑人在田径上占尽风头,但水上项目只有黄人和白人争雄。我觉得这就像不同人种客观上在智商体能存在差异一样,是既定的事实。个体与个体间都有极大的差别,更何况种族与种族。
会游泳,但不会换气{:S67:}
带路党员王二小
无视种族差异是变相的性无能。
这篇文章会不会引起美国的歧视种族
其实这篇文章可以给哪些想涉及到一些可能会被指责为种族歧视的问题的人一些启示。
怎样避免你陈述的事实被指责为种族歧视的观点?抢先告诉人们这个事实是种族歧视导致的恶果。
作者说黑人比较不会游泳,因为原因中有一条种族歧视导致黑人没法进泳池,所以没怎么受到指责。
大学游泳馆...第一次下水~!喝饱了~!
游泳挺简单的呀
/wmoC?faq.swf
猥琐的小甲虫
奥运决赛的泳池里,极少能看到黑人,游泳基本上是白种人和黄种人的天下
--SUNRAIN--
我觉得这个调查应该以居住在水边的村民为样本来比较,比如居住在非洲河流边上的村民有多少会游泳?游泳水平如何?在那这些数据与同样生活条件的其他人种作对比,以排除其他人为因素。
比如我国,生活在水源丰富地区的人们基本上都会游泳,也不需要去游泳池学习,因为和其他同龄孩子玩耍中就已经学会了。
我只会自由泳和狗刨,不会仰泳,消耗体力很大,所以游泳的持续时间只有一分钟,关键时刻能救自己的命,但帮不了别人
renxiaoyao1977
游泳绝对跟体质有关,有些人就是能轻易浮在水面上,有人费尽九牛二虎之力也只能保证抬个头。
争渡、争渡
renxiaoyao1977 发表于
游泳绝对跟体质有关,有些人就是能轻易浮在水面上,有人费尽九牛二虎之力也只能保证抬个头。
不过华人多数人还是能学的会游泳的。我们市里中考项目中800和100游泳选一项,除非是800米特别优秀的,否则学校都让你报游泳,然后初二暑假把你踢到游泳馆里学,基本上除了呛水的,没有一个不过。而且每年的标准在不断提高。
我是快乐的小马
在游泳比赛中,好像从来没有见过黑人!
小时候经常双手举着衣服游到河对面
醉死飘香阁
字太多,我没看,单我觉得大概意思是黑人智商没有白人高~~
rocky517775
{:lt11:} 主要是黑人当年被当做奴隶从非洲运往美洲的过程中要在海上漂流好几个月。。这种噩梦般的旅程造成了黑人对水的无边恐惧。。。于是惧水基因就形成于黑人的体内流传下来了
沾血的尖刀
不会游泳,要是被水包围着就有种窒息感╭(╯ε╰)╮
其实感觉还是跟穷有关,黑人很多孩子小时候肯定是没钱去游泳池吧,反而大部分是打篮球
查看完整版本:}

我要回帖

更多关于 游泳溺水事件 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信